What is an Indian Head Massage?
Indian Head Massage is a form of massage therapy created in India thousands of years ago. It is a technique that uses massage strokes and pressure points to the head, neck, shoulders and face in order to bring about a state of deep relaxation and to release the stress that has accumulated in the tissues, muscles and joints in these areas.
The benefits of this amazing therapy include:
- Increased blood supply to scalp, head and neck, bringing fresh oxygen and nutrients to encourage healing.
- Increases nourishment and oxygen to the hair follicle, therefore promoting strong healthy shiny hair and hair growth.
- Aids joint mobility and flexibility in the neck and shoulders.
- Relieving built up tension that can often result in headaches, migraines, neck and back pain.
- Detoxifying the body by stimulating lymphatic drainage
- Relieving sleeplessness, restlessness and insomnia and stress.
- Improving circulation, which in turn increases energy levels.
- Promoting clarity and increased concentration.
The treatment usually lasts between 35 – 40 minutes, and can be applied through clothes or directly on to the skin using oil. Indian Head Massage can be a stand-alone treatment or used in combination with reflexology. Please see price list for details.